Thread: FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots

Queen FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Crescent's Avatar

FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Trailer + Screenshots

Square Enix has officially announced that the previously revealed HD remastered editions of FFX and FFX-2, will be coming to North America and Europe on the PS3 and PSVita this year.

The PS3 Title will be released as Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster. On the PSVita each game will be released separately as Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster. As previously reported, both games will be based on their International versions with added content. Final Fantasy X HD will include new enemy summon beasts called Dark Aeons, optional Airship battle with super boss "Penance", and a new 14-minute video clip "Eternal Calm" bridging the story between X and X-2; Final Fantasy X-2 HD will include two new dresspheres, new "Last Mission" at a new location called Yadonoki Tower, and ability to capture monsters and various characters inside the tower, including Tidus, Auron and Seymour.

The first trailer for the HD remasters will be revealed on Monday. An official website has been launched here. An Amazon pre-order link on the site reveals a $40 price tag for the PS3 version.

View the new screenshots for the HD remasters below:
    1Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    2Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    3Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    4Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    5Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    6Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    7Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    8Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    9Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    10Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    11Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    12Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    13Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    14Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    14Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg
    15Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster_2013.jpg

*Final Fantasy X HD Vs PS2 Comparison GIF

Update Square Enix has officially released the first trailer for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster. Watch it here.

Additionally, the game’s official Japanese website has opened.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They're doing X-2 in HD too???
    Wooowwwww.. Super excited!!

I wish they'd re-do VII, VIII, & IX ... Just leave out the voice acting and upgrade the visuals!

Registered User FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Well hello, new desktop wallpaper.

Game is looking gorgeous. Although I also think the PS2 version has aged incredibly well.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Queen FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Crescent's Avatar
    Famitsu this week revealed new tidbits on Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster.
    As previously confirmed, both games will have their International edition content which will also include japanese voices.
    The pre-rendered movies from the PS2 version will be upgraded to high-definition, and the sound quality has been enhanced.
    Characters and enemies will also have texture quality upgrades, too. According to the magazine, what Shinji Hashimoto showed during the PS Vita live stream last month was a low polygon version of a battle scene.
    SE also explained that the reason the PS Vita version of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster is being released as two separate games is due to limited storage capacity on PSVita game cards. They are unable to fit both games onto a single cartridge. A Cross Data feature to allow PS3 and Vita versions to share saved data is currently being looked into.
    Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster is 70 percent complete and is due out for PS3 and PS Vita this year in North America, Europe, and Japan.

*And if your wondering how did Final Fantasy X HD Remaster‘s creation come about? You have **My main Man **Tetsuya Nomura to thank for that. It was when Square met with some of the voice actors again during the making of Final Fantasy Type-0 on PSP, SE Lead Character designer, Tetsuya Nomura negotiated with various individuals and the result was, “Ok, let’s do it!” But at the time, SE staff members were devoted to the Final Fantasy XIII project..>_> so it wasn’t possible right away..>_>

**Nomura's involvement in Final Fantasy VII was much more than just a character designer. Unlike other character designers, he created storyboards for the many impressive summon sequences, covered monster and logo designs, and even had some influence on major key events in the story, including the idea for Aerith to die. He also pushed forward the full production of an early languished movie project to be based on FFVII which would later be known as Advent Children. The enormous success of Final Fantasy VII further secured his position as one of the controlling minds behind FFVII and its entire compilation along with series design and direction. Nomura is also the creator/director of the successful Kingdom Hearts series. He has directed all the games in the series, as well as designing the characters, concepts, and base stories to go with them. Along with KH, He also oversaw development of the DS game The World Ends With You. He has also worked in the animation field,as mentioned before, directing FFVII's Advent Children and Advent Children Complete and Last Order. Nomura has also been put at the helm of the much anticipated Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

#LOCKE4GOD FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just watched that trailer. The graphics don't even look better, wtf? Seriously, if you're going to improve one of them only in the visual aspect, go for VII, VIII or IX, which are by this time noticeably aged (not I to VI, going from 2D to 3D would require too much effort that is best concentrated on a new game).

I guess maybe for those who haven't had a chance to play the "International Version" (a name which makes no sense) this would be pretty cool. But those super-bosses are horribly over-powered. Penance takes hundreds of hours facing the same monsters in the Monster Arena to beat.

Boxer of the Galaxy FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    those super-bosses are horribly over-powered. Penance takes hundreds of hours facing the same monsters in the Monster Arena to beat.
    Guess you ain't hardcore, bro.

#LOCKE4GOD FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Guess you ain't hardcore, bro.
    I've beat all the Dark Aeons legitimately, and then Penance with Yojimbo (which is technically legitimate and takes less than an hour of work if you're already good enough to beat, say, Dark Anima) and than another time with a cheat disk. I did make the mistake of using the Expert sphere grid, which is actually significantly smaller than the ordinary one. I remember I was sitting there working out what I should sacrifice in order to get more HP and luck nodes, after my sphere grid was already full of +4s for every other stat. Luck is a bitch because you have to do one battle just to get the... thing that lets you activate a node... what's it called..., so takes 7 battles just to get everyone +4 luck (which is important for accuracy, evasion, and limit break damage). **** that noise.

Also, those dark matters. Just no.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I just watched that trailer. The graphics don't even look better, wtf?
    This is what I originally thought, but.....
    Have you actually played FFX on a PS3 before on a Widescreen TV? It looks soooooo shitty. Back when I had my backwards compatible PS3 a friend wanted to replay X, it was awful. We originally stretched the picture, awful idea. Then we just doubled it, looked better, but not by much. The original aspect was pretty miserable (small).
    Sure looking back to when I first played it and looking at what I'm seeing now, not that huge of a difference. But when comparing modern technology to the older game makes the difference much more noticeable.

Here are some comparison photos: Final Fantasy X HD: Original vs Remaster Screenshot Comparison | Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides
    Doesn't really do my whole aspect ratio thing justice, but the differences are much more noticeable when compared.

Blog Entries
    Meh. It just makes things look lighter, and the flaws are even easier to spot. I don't really mind either way. They could make the whole exercise a lot less gimmicky if they just released the international version as a PSN download. Would've saved a bucketload of cash too, I imagine. The same number of people would download it.

Mystyrion
    Oh come now, I agree that the lighting has been tweaked, but look at Lulu's hair, Wakka's symbol on his shoulder and the grass in the background.
    Look at the random bulges in Wakka's straps around his shoulder and his stomach coverings (whatever the hell you wanna call that), Lulu's boobs and her necklace. They all look considerably better.

Though the characters themselves look much skinnier and it kind of bothers me.

Boxer of the Galaxy FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystyrion View Post
    Oh come now, I agree that the lighting has been tweaked, but look at Lulu's hair, Wakka's symbol on his shoulder and the grass in the background.
    Look at the random bulges in Wakka's straps around his shoulder and his stomach coverings (whatever the hell you wanna call that), Lulu's boobs and her necklace. They all look considerably better.
    look at Lulu's hair, Wakka's symbol on his shoulder and the grass in the background.
    Lulu's boobs and her necklace
    Lulu's boobs
    FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots-final_fantasy_x_x_2_hd_remaster_2013_03_22_13_00-jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots-final_fantasy_x_x_2_hd_remaster_2013_03_22_13_00-jpg

I read that the release date is december 31st. I sincerely hope this isn't true. Mainly because I would like to play it ASAP and tbh, calling it a 2013 release date at December 31st is bullshit... if you get what I mean.

The Quiet One FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They use that date when there is date released. So if you see the end of the year on pretty much any site or store, it just means they don't know when it is coming just that it is sometime this year.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

So that date is not an official release date, but rather an assurance that you can own the game by then?

The Quiet One FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, so long as the game company doesn't delay the game. Considering that I'm guessing they are just taking all of the old localization for the game, I'm pretty sure a worldwide release is happening, or near enough of one. We should be getting it about the time Japan does.

Do you have any predictions on when the release date might be?

Blog Entries
    Well they said the work on KH1.5HD was impacting the FFX/FFX-2 HD, if I recall right. So with it out of the way, they'll be able to focus more on getting it out the door. They won't release in the same window as KH1.5HD, which was very recent. On top of that Lightning Returns is planned for a late 2013 release in Japan and two FF releases would be bad for sales. So my guess is that it'll be a Fall window, probably the worst possible time for JRPG fans in general since there are like 3 other JRPGs already falling in that window.

Registered User FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On amazon.com it says it'll be released on December 31st this year and is available for pre-order. It's not on .co.uk though, weirdly enough.

Registered User FFX|FFX-2 HD Remaster Announced For EU/NA 2013 Release + Screenshots
    They always say December 31st when they don't know the actual date.

I am so tired of those cliché chromed HD letters for HD ports.

A bit more on topic: I've been wanting to replay these games for a while now, but decided to wait until I could play them on PS3. If I had know I would have to wait as long as I have now, I might not have waited!